Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes

Barefoot with a Bodyguard

Barefoot with a Bodyguard (Barefoot Bay Undercover Book 1) - Roxanne St. Claire

Review copy provided by author

I'm a huge fan of Roxanne St. Claire and can't wait to read each and every book as it is released. I fell in love with her writing when I found her Bullet Catcher series and love her romantic suspense voice. Barefoot with a Bodyguard takes Rocki's readers back to her RS roots....and we get time with Gabe Rossi too.

Barefoot with a Bodyguard was an awesome story! I honestly loved every single thing about this book. Gabe Rossi has started a new business of protection/bodyguard services in Barefoot Bay. Gabe will help those individuals that Witness Protection can't help. Fans of the Guardian Angelinos series will love that we get time with Gabe in each story, as well as his grandpa, Uncle Nino.

Both Katie and Alec are very strong characters. Katie is sent into hiding while she studies for the bar exam thanks to threats her judge father is receiving about her. Alec is a MMA trainer who is in hiding from the leader of the Russian Mob. I absolutely loved that Katie fought the entire time against being set up with protection, especially since she is forced to act as if she is on her honeymoon. Katie and Alec came from such different worlds, yet I felt their connection from the beginning.

The chemistry between Alec and Katie grew stronger the more time they spent together. I loved that while Alec didn't see how Katie could find him attractive because of all his scars and his past, Katie thought he was beautiful. Of course, Alec and Katie aren't exactly the model clients for Gabe since they really aren't very good at following his rules. I really loved that Alec and Katie set up their own rules about being a couple and felt like they became a stronger couple.

The suspense elements in Barefoot with a Bodyguard are awesome. I'm usually really good about figuring out who the bad guy is yet was completely stumped as to who was sending out the threats to Katie. I honestly don't know how I missed the clues, yet I did. I absolutely loved that Alec finally figured out how much he loved Katie when he knew she was in real danger.

I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the Barefoot Bay Undercover series. Not only do we get to spend time with Gabe in each book, but Roxanne St. Claire is a master at writing romantic suspense. I absolutely love Roxanne St. Claire’s voice in all genres. Her new and old fans alike will love Barefoot with a Bodyguard.