Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Bad Bitch - Christina Saunders

Christina Saunders is a new to me author. I'd heard much about the Bad Bitch series from the publisher, so I decided to give the first book in the series a try.

I enjoyed Bad Bitch overall, but didn't love it as much as I did when I first started reading the story. I really liked Evangeline and loved that she didn't take any crap off of anyone. Enter Lincoln, who is just as much a badass as Evangeline. I loved how hot their chemistry was from the moment they met one another. They had smoking hot sex pretty much anytime they were alone in a room together, and even had a few tender moments I didn't expect from either of them. However, the lawsuit seemed to go off the rails for me pretty early on. I got Evangeline was defending a scumbag who had stolen money from the elderly and Lincoln was the prosecutor, but I wasn't a huge fan of adding in the mob connection. It honestly took away my enjoyment of the story. I loved the romance, but hated the lawsuit stuff, and I usually love legal romances.

I do plan on reading the next 2 books in the Bad Bitch series, and I can't wait to learn more about Lincoln's brothers. While I didn't love every aspect of Bad Bitch, I did really enjoy the author's voice overall and will read more books from her in the future.

Rating: 3.5 stars (B-)

Review copy provided by publisher