Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Offside
Juliana Stone
Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Unraveled (Elemental Assassin) - Jennifer Estep

I countdown between each Elemental Assassin books as it comes out and then devour each one like there is no tomorrow, only to have to wait another 6 months for my next fix. Jennifer Estep has had me hooked on this series since the first book and I love each new adventure with Gin and her friends and family.

I liked that we took a little vacation from Ashland for Unraveled. With everything that happened with Finn's mom, I felt like they all needed a little bit of a break from the normal battles with the underground world of Ashland. I will say I missed seeing JoJo and Sophia, but loved getting more time with Silvio, Lorelei, and Phillip.

I have to say I loved the trip to Bullet Pointe to the Old West theme park Finn had inherited from his mother. It was so completely cheesy and over the top and I could totally see Deidre's hand in some of the changes that had been made in the hotel. Gin is hoping to find out more about The Circle while in Bullet Pointe and Finn is hoping to find something genuine about his mother while there. While Roxy and Brody are your typical bad guys from the series, I have to say that Hugh Tucker is keeping me guessing and I'm loving the mystery of The Circle and watching Gin unravel each of the strings to learn more and more about The Circle. I loved that Gin's memories once again helped her solve her current problem. However, we actually got to see her interact with her mom and sisters and it is very rare for Gin to have dreams about her family.

I loved the battle between Gin and Roxy and Brody. Since Roxy and Brody had taken Finn, Owen and Bria hostage, Gin was pretty much on her own in the fight and pulled it off in true Spider style. Of course she had new back up with Silvio, Lorelei, and Phillip, but Gin took care of most of the bad guys in her own way. I have to say I felt a little bit like Gin was going a bit old-school with her battle plan to take out Roxy and Brody and I love how her mind works.

I found Unraveled to be a story that kept my attention from the very first page and I honestly didn't want to put the book down. Again, while I missed time with Jo-Jo and Sophia, I love getting to spend time with other secondary characters, who are becoming new favorite characters for me. I also have to say the mystery of The Circle and all Gin learned in Unraveled have me chomping at the bit for the next book in this series. Luckily, we only have to wait until April 2017 for the next fix in the Elemental Assassin series with Snared.

Review copy provided by publisher