Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Going Down Fast - Carly Phillips

Going Down Fast is the second book in the Billionaire Bad Boys series from Carly Phillips. I loved the first book in the series, but have to say that Going Down Fast was even better than Going Down Easy. I feel like I'm about to wax poetically about this book, when what I really want to say is just, buy this book, trust me you will thank me later.

I'll be honest; Going Down Fast does not start out with sunshine and rainbows. Maxie is actually married to Keith, who is Lucas's older brother, and pregnant when the book opens. Keith is everything his brother isn't and Maxie as usual has to depend on Lucas when she needs help as she miscarries her baby late in the pregnancy. Ms. Phillips has shown she isn't afraid to deal with tough subjects, and she handled Maxie losing the baby with respect and showed how the loss can affect the person longterm.

I won't say I was sad to find out Keith had died. As I said before he was the exact opposite of his brother Lucas and it only became more apparent the more time passed. I will say for everything he did wrong to Maxie and Lucas, at least his mistakes pushed Maxie and Lucas together following his death. I absolutely love the friends to lovers trope, so when I found out Maxie and Lucas had been friends since they were kids, I knew this book would be a favorite.

I have to say that Maxie is one of the strongest heroines ever. She has been put through hell and is even stronger now. I loved that while she had to depend on Lucas for a home after Keith died, she still plans to stand on her own two feet and support herself as quickly as possible. She is still suffering from losing her baby, and while it broke my heart, I was so glad it was part of the story as it was so true to life.

Lucas was your typical high school computer nerd in high school. He was always in his more athletic brother's shadow in school at even at home. He now had a successful company with his best friends and has bulked up since he left high school. Lucas is everything his brother never was, a man of moral integrity who struggles with the fact that he has always been in love with his best friend.

The attraction between Lucas and Maxie was obvious from the very first time we saw them on the page together. I loved they both had been attracted to each other since they were teenagers. I loved the chemistry between them. They were comfortable enough as friends to still have the sweetness to their chemistry, but also had some pretty smoking hot sex and couldn't keep their hands off each other.

The fact that Keith's death and his actions before his death continued to cause Lucas and Maxie problems made me angry, especially as more and more about Keith was revealed. I did love working together to figure out everything only brought Lucas and Maxie closer, but hated they had that shadow over their new relationship. However, I really do feel they only grew closer because of all they went through.

Going Down Fast pulled me in from the first page and I literally couldn't put this book down until I finished reading it. I highly recommend Going Down Fast to all contemporary romance readers and can't wait to read more books in the Billionaire Bad Boys series.

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

Review copy provided by publisher