Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Going Hard (Steele Ridge) (Volume 2) - Kelsey Browning

Going Hard is the first full length book in the Steele Ridge series that features the Steele brothers. While we get to see all 4 of the Steele brothers in Going Hard, it is mainly Griffin's story.

First of all, I absolutely loved Grif. He left his hometown fifteen years ago and basically worked his ass off to make something of himself in Los Angeles. Yes he had told everyone he had a scholarship to college, but he really just hustled jobs until he finally became the slick sports agent he is today. I loved that when his hometown needed help, he didn't hesitate to come home to help out, and even make plans to go between Los Angeles and Steele Ridge. Of course once he sees Carlie Beth again, and discovers they have a fourteen-year-old daughter, nothing will keep him away.

I really loved seeing Grif and Carlie Beth reconnect, and it was fun to watch them find a way to co-parent their daughter Aubrey. I did not love that Carlie Beth had never tried to let Grif or his family know about Aubrey, but loved how hard she worked to make sure she could take care of her daughter and what a great job she had done raising Aubrey so far. I really loved that Grif and Carlie Beth still had some pretty hot chemistry 15 years later and it didn't take them long to pick back up where they left off that night. I also loved watching Grif figure out how to be a dad. His protective instinct kicked in really fast when it came to Carlie Beth and Aubrey.

I love a good romantic suspense story and the stalker issue in Going Hard was very well done. I'll admit I initially thought the stalker was someone unhappy with the Steele family. However, I quickly realized it all tied back to Carlie Beth. Once I figured that out, I figured out who was behind all the trouble, and have to say it was so well done.

Going Hard was a really great story. It had elements of both romantic suspense and contemporary romance and I was hooked from the very first page. I highly recommend this book and can't wait to read the rest of the books in the Steele Ridge series.

Rating: 4.5 Stars (A)

Review copy provided by publisher