Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Holiday with a Twist - Shannon Stacey

Holiday with a Twist was a fun, fast-paced novella-length story from Shannon Stacey. Leigh Holloway is going home for Christmas to spend one last Christmas in the family home before her parents move to a smaller home. She has broken up with her fiancé and is looking for a new job, but decides to hide those facts from her family not to put anything else on them.

Croy Dawson and Leigh Holloway were friends growing up until Croy's girlfriend, who was Leigh's best friend broke his heart. Leigh always felt a little responsible, so they haven't spoken in years. I really liked they had a history, though they had never been more than friends. I loved they seemed to pick up their friendship right where it had ended and it felt completely natural to me. I loved that Leigh had told Croy about what was going on in her life before sharing with her family and he was just fine with keeping her secret.

I really liked the pace at which Croy and Leigh moved from friends to more. While they had never seen themselves as more than friends when they were younger, there was a natural progression to their relationship. I did fear that Leigh keeping her secret too long would end up being a big issue for me, especially once I felt like she and Croy were heading to a real relationship. Happily her family discovered the truth before it was too big an issue for me.

I'm a big fan of the friend to lover trope and felt like Ms. Stacey did a wonderful job with in in Holiday with a Twist. I highly recommend this story to help get you into the holiday spirit this year.

Rating: 4 Stars (B)

Review copy provided by publisher