Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Going In Deep - Carly Phillips

I've loved each of the Billionaire Bad Boys books along the way. I'll be honest and say when I saw Ms. Phillips was going to write a redemption book for Julian Dane, I honestly didn't see how she could do it based upon what he had done to Kendall. I'm so very happy to say not only was I wrong, and Ms. Phillips gave her readers her very best book I've read to date.

I really hated Julian for using Kendall in the way he did in Going Down Easy, and have to say the first way he started redeeming himself to me was by owning his past choices rather than saying they were mistakes. I also started to take into consideration he was unaware of Kendall's illness when they were together, as Kendall had never shared the fact she was bipolar, though that still didn't give Julian the right to use Kendall. As Julian started to share his background and his family's background with Kendall, it gave me more insight into why he became and addict and made the choice he made along the way.  Julian truly had been through hell and back and while I didn't agree with many of his actions, I did finally understand why he made the choices from his past.

Kendall had been through hell thanks to her mental illness. Now that she is finally able to stay on a solid therapy plan, medicine plan, and has found an outlet and a job she loves working with rescue dogs. She is just starting to feel like her life is on a firm footing when Julian shows back up in her life. I loved that Kendall was super wary of Julian when he first showed up, even as she was still completely drawn to him. I found myself loving that while Kendall didn't fall right back in with Julian, she did listen to him explain his past and finally shared her medical issues as well.

Kendall and Julian totally had an uphill battle to be in a long-term relationship with Kendall's family. While I felt like Kendall and Julian both made mistakes in the present with regards to their future, I loved they both came out strong once each got their heads back on straight. The chemistry between Kendall and Julian was every bit as strong as it was in the past. I actually felt it was even stronger now, as they both were being honest with one another.

Going in Deep gave me all the feels. I laughed, sighed, got angry a few times, and cried both sad and happy tears. I love when a story makes me feel a myriad of emotions, and Ms. Phillips did it in spades with Going in Deep. Julian and Kendall's redemption story was everything and more than I expected, and is hands down one of the best stories Carly Phillips has ever written.

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

Review copy provided by publisher