Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Offside
Juliana Stone
Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
New Leash on Life - Roxanne St. Claire

New Leash on Life is the second book in Roxanne St. Claire's wonderful new Dogfather series. I loved that Shane Kilcannon was the second sibling to get his story. Shane Kilcannon and Chloe Somerset are pretty much as different as night and day. He works as a dog trainer, and doesn't care about getting dirty on the job. Chloe is a marketing expert who seriously hates to have a hair out of place. However, those differences made me absolutely love them as a couple long before they actually became one.

Neither Shane nor Chloe are looking for anything more than a temporary arrangement, as Chloe is only in Bitter Bark to help her aunt, who is the mayor, find a great marketing plan to put Bitter Bark on the map. Shane isn't looking for more than a temporary arrangement because he doesn't believe in love lasting forever. Both Shane and Chloe have issues from their past that color their present. I have to say I found Chloe stepping outside of her comfort zone way faster than I expected when we first met her. I have to say I was pretty shocked when she agreed to dog sit Daisy, but loved watching her truly fall in love with a pet and get past her need to always be perfectly put together.

Shane was very instrumental in getting Chloe to get past so many of her issues, and I loved the more time they spent together, the more they both wanted to be together. Shane and Chloe's chemistry was pretty obvious from their first kiss the day they met, and it only grew the more time they spent together. I fell in love with them as a couple right along with each of them.

I also love that Shane's dad Daniel made an appearance once again. I love the wisdom he shares with his children when it comes to both life and love. I honestly love getting to spend time with the entire Kilcannon clan, but Daniel has wormed his way into a special place in my heart pretty quickly. Gramma Finnie and her humor add to each experience with the Kilcannon's, and honestly makes me want to spend time with this family.

New Leash On Life was a wonderful addition to the Dogfather series. It was filled with all the emotions one expects from a romance but to the next level. Rocki gives her readers a story filled with love and laughter that makes you want to read this story over and over again.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)