Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Need You Now: A Cloud Bay Novel - Emma Douglas

Need You Now is the first book in the Cloud Bay series from Emma Douglas. It is Faith Harper's book, who is the oldest daughter of Grey Harper who was the front man for the band Blacklight. The trilogy will feature each of Grey's 3 children with Faith's story being first.

I loved Faith Harper so much! She is such a strong character. She basically had to take over running the family business following her dad's death with very little help from either of her siblings. She has always kept her private life away from Cloud Bay and has been pretty successful until Caleb White shows up for CloudFest with one of his friends.

I adored Caleb from the moment he appeared on the page. He was sexy and fun with a sweetness about him at times I really wasn't expecting. I loved that he and Faith saw each other the moment he arrived on Cloud Bay and basically had an instant connection. I found myself falling for Caleb and Faith as a couple early on. They had amazing chemistry and each seemed to understand some of the pressure the other lived under in a way others couldn't understand.

I loved that Caleb was ready to admit his feelings for Faith first. There is just something about the hero owning his feelings first that gets me every single time. I hated that Faith ran scared for a bit, but based upon everything she had seen growing up and with those people in relationships around her, I totally understood her hesitancy about a lasting relationship. I have to say I loved that she talked to her sister Mina and her mom Lou to get her head on straight. I have to say that Lou is absolutely one of my favorite characters in the book. She was totally and completely full of awesome!

Need You Now was a great start to the Cloud Bay series. It was a fun, sexy and emotional contemporary romance that pulled me in from the very first page. I highly recommend Need You Now to readers who enjoy contemporary romances.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+)

Review copy provided by publisher