Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Rock Me - Carly Phillips

Rock Me is the first book in the new Bodyguard Bad Boys from Carly Phillips. I was once again pulled into the story from the very first page and devoured this book.

I adore a second chance romance, and Rock Me was done so very well. I loved Summer Michelle from the moment we met her and broody and sexy Ben Hollander made me swoon a bit from the very beginning. Seriously loved they had a past and Ben was hired to be Summer's bodyguard. I felt instant chemistry between these two characters and couldn't wait for them to act upon their mutual attraction.

While Ben was hired to keep Summer safe, and there were elements of suspense around who was behind the threats on Summer, I felt like this story was really more of a straight up romance. I had a pretty good idea early on who was behind everything, just not why. However, I loved how being back together brought Summer and Ben together as a couple really quickly. They just worked so well as a couple for me. I loved they really were friends as well as lovers and began to confide in each other about family issues and both wanted to help the other out with said family issues.

The sex scenes between Ben and Summer were smoking hot! I loved that Summer had no problems going after what she wanted when it came to Ben and he was powerless to resist his attraction for long. I also loved the fun and tender scenes between them. I feel like I'm gushing about them as a couple, but they just gave me all the feels and I loved seeing two such strong characters find a way back to one another.

Rock Me was an awesome start to the new Bodyguard Bad Boys series from Carly Phillips. She nailed the second chance romance from their very first encounter. I loved seeing Summer and Ben find their way back to each other. I love books in a series and can't wait to see each of the sexy bodyguards fall in love with each new story.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)

Review copy provided by publisher