Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Crossing the Line (The Cross Creek Series)
Kimberly Kincaid
Progress: 15 %
Offside
Juliana Stone
Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
His Convenient Husband (Love and Sports) - Robin Covington

His Convenient Husband by Robin Covington is absolutely my favorite book to date from Ms. Covington. This book gave me all the feels and I honestly wanted to re-read it as soon as I read the last page.

Isaiah and Victor are such an amazing couple. I really felt like their differences made them work so well as couple. I loved that Isaiah is an NFL football player and Victor was a ballet dancer. While they are both athletes, they have such different jobs and ideas of how to live in or out of the spotlight. I totally got that Victor was more open and outspoken about gay rights and his lifestyle than Isaiah, and absolutely loved that about him. I also understood Isaiah's choice and didn't fault him for his choice not to live in the spotlight.

Isaiah and Victor had the most incredible chemistry between them. Even before they shared their first kiss, the way they looked at each other made me fall in love with them as a couple. I loved they tried to keep their relationship platonic, but knew the more time they spent together the harder it would be for them not to act on their attraction. OMG when they finally did get together, their love scenes totally and completely steamed up my kindle screen.

I will flat out just say that my heart almost broke when Isaiah and Victor were apart for a bit. I understood Isaiah's reaction, but I still wanted to Gibbs smack him upside the head every bit as much as I wanted to hug Victor. I loved that it took Isaiah's son Evan to make him see the light about Victor's choices and Evan's choices as well and how they alined completely. I loved that Isaiah really just wanted to protect the men he loved and while he didn't always go about doing it in the right way, he did see the light before he lost Victor forever.

I absolutely adored His Convenient Husband and thought it was an amazing start to the Love and Sports series. I can't wait to read the rest of the book in the series next year.

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

Review copy provided by publisher