Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Tempt Me - Carly Phillips

Tempt Me is a single dad/nanny story and Carly Phillips did an absolutely perfect job with it. This sexy stand alone romance, which is part of The Bachelor Bad Boys series pulled me in from the very first page.

Austin was burned badly by his ex-wife and has no plans to every have another long-term relationship with anyone other than his daughter Bailey. However, he didn't plan on Mia Atwood, his daughter's nanny entering his life. I loved that both Austin and Mia pretty much were attracted to one another from the moment she started working as Bailey's nanny, yet they both always put Bailey's needs first. Books with kids can sometimes take away from the romance, but Ms. Phillips did an amazing job establishing Bailey's character without over powering the romance between Austin and Mia. In fact I think part of what helped Austin to feel more comfortable with Mia was how she always put Bailey's needs first.

I thought the slow burn to Austin and Mia being together totally fit with his past and Mia working for Austin. I don't know if it would have been as believable to me if they both didn't delay getting together. I was so glad when they finally gave into their attraction and made love. They had seriously smoking hot chemistry and it only grew stronger the more time they spent together.

I have to say I absolutely loved how protective Austin was of Mia once they got together. He always was protective of his daughter and it just showed even before Austin was willing to admit his feelings for Mia, he had already fallen hard. I loved watching this strong and complex man fall so hard for the first time in his life. I loved seeing Austin, Mia, and Bailey become a real family.

Tempt Me is another winner in the Bachelor Bad Boys series. While it can totally be read as a stand alone story, I see no reason to skip out on Rock Me first to meet all the other characters in the series.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)
Review copy provided by publisher