Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
About That Kiss - Jill Shalvis

About That Kiss is the 5th book in the Heartbreaker Bay series from Jill Shalvis. Jill Shalvis is a go-to author for me when I want a fun, sexy, and even sweet story.  About That Kiss was all of that and kept me pulled in from the very first page.

I have to say when I saw About That Kiss was going to be Kylie and Joe's book, I initially had some reservations about them as a couple. They just seemed so different from each other, which isn't a bad thing ever, but Joe has always seemed so standoffish unlike the other characters in the series. Like he didn't think he deserved to have happiness in his life. Both Joe and Kylie had rough starts, but Joe seemed to let his define his future where Kylie decided she could have anything she wanted despite her rough start. I felt like Kylie's attitude rubbed off a bit on Joe the more time they spent together.

I loved that when Kylie needed Joe's help, she demanded she be in on the investigation every step of the way. Kylie has taken care of herself for so long, it would have gone against everything in her character to sit back and let Joe do all the work. I also loved the more time they were together, the more time Joe wanted to be around Kylie. Yes they had amazing chemistry, but it was really more like Joe finally found someone who made him feel like he was safe.

I have to say I loved that both Kylie and Joe seemed so drawn to one another, and once they finally gave into their mutual attraction, I felt like they really started moving more toward being a couple. There was still the bit of hesitancy you would expect for Joe, who still doesn't believe he deserves happiness, but he also started to listen to valuable advice on his relationship with Kylie.

About That Kiss was another winner in the Heartbreaker Bay series. I love spending time with each of the characters in the series and almost feel as if they have become my friends.

Rating: 4.5 Stars (A-)

Review copy provided by publisher