Mslizalou

Mslizalou

Curveball (Philadelphia Patriots, #4)
V.K. Sykes
Fearless - Carly Phillips

I've been reading books by Carly Phillips for years and have loved them all. Fearless is absolutely my favorite book she has ever written. I literally read it in one sitting and wanted to restart it as soon as I finished reading it.

Halley Ward and her older sister Phoebe were put into the foster system at a very young age. Their baby sister Juliette had already gone to live with her father and the girls didn't hear from family until their Aunt Joy found out about them being in the foster system 10 years later. Halley is happiest at her oceanside cottage painting. She is happy to live a pretty solitary life with no commitments to another person. Well she is until she meets Kane Harmon again and he keeps appearing in her life. I love that Kane was a friend first with Halley and a constant presence in her life without ever pushing her to do or be more than what se was ready for. They had a pretty instant attraction to one another, yet there really was more of a slow burn to them being together. Based on everything we learned of Halley's past, any other type of start wouldn't have worked for them long term.

Halley comes across as pretty delicate in the beginning. However when you find out everything she has survived from the time with her mother and then in foster care, she has a backbone and a strength to her that most people don't have. Yes she chooses to spend time with only a select few people as self-preservation, but I had so much respect for Halley the more we learned about all she had gone through. When her mother comes back into the picture, I honestly hoped with everything in me that she was ready to change and be a part of her children's lives again. I had a feeling about what she was going to do, but still broke my heart to see how it effected Halley.

Fearless hit on all my emotions and I loved every single minute of this book. I laughed, cried, sighed and even got angry a couple of times, but loved the ride along the way. I loved Halley and Kane's story and can't wait to read Phoebe's story next.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)

Review copy provided by publisher